Fleetwood Mac to Launch World Tour in April

(Reprinted from Rolling Stone)

By Andy  Greene
December 3, 2012 5:10 PM ET

After months of reunion rumors, Fleetwood  Mac announced Tuesday that they’ll return to the road next spring for an  extensive tour that will take them all over the globe. The trek will kick off in  Columbus, Ohio on April 4th; tickets go on sale December 14th.

“It’s the perfect time to go back out,” Stevie Nicks tells Rolling  Stone. “2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac.”

As was the case with their 2010 tour, the band is hitting the road without a  new album to support. The set list will be built around Fleetwood Mac’s large  catalog of hits. “We always have to play ‘Dreams,’ ‘Rhiannon,’ ‘Don’t Stop,’  ‘Tusk,’ ‘Big Love,’ ‘Landslide’ and all our most famous songs,” says Lindsey  Buckingham. “When you’ve gone through all your must-do’s, that’s 75% of your  potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog  that are more under-explored. Maybe we’ll play more songs from Tusk.  I’d also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that’s just me and  Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no  particular vision of what this tour is going to be.”

The band begins rehearsals on February 15th, and at that point they’ll  hash out exactly what songs they’re going to play. “We actually have two new  Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play,” says  Nicks. “I had a really good time working with him for four days at his  house. I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and  really connect with him again. We’re pretty proud of what we have done, and  we’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes  of jealousy and resentment and anger.”

Only American dates are announced, but the group is planning on touring the  whole world. “If everything goes will we’ll be in Europe doing festivals this  summer,” says Nicks. “Then we’ll actually tour Europe, which is different than  just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia.”

Check in later this week for a detailed Q&A with Nicks and Buckingham  where they discuss the upcoming tour, their failed attempt to record a new  Fleetwood Mac album, the possibility of reforming their old duo Buckingham-Nicks  and the many tensions that linger in their long relationship.

Here are Fleetwood Mac’s 2013 tour dates:

4/4 Columbus, OH – Nationwide Arena

4/6 Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo  Center

4/8 New York, New York – Madison Square Garden

4/9 Washington, DC –  Verizon Center

4/11 Louisville, KY – KFC Yum! Center

4/13 Chicago, IL –  United Center 4/16 Toronto, ON – The Air Canada Centre

4/18 Boston, MA –  TD Garden

4/20 Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun Arena

4/23 Ottawa, ON –  Scotiabank Place 4/24 Newark, NJ – Prudential Center

4/26 Pittsburgh, PA –  CONSOL Energy Center

4/28 St. Paul, MN – Xcel Center

4/30 Kansas City, MO  – Sprint Center

5/1 Tulsa, OK – BOK Center

5/3 Little Rock, AK – Verizon  Arena

5/12 Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre

5/14 Saskatoon, SK – Credit Union  Centre

5/15 Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place

5/17 Calgary, AB – Scotiabank  Saddledome

5/19 Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena

5/20 Tacoma, WA – Tacoma  Dome

5/22 San Jose, CA – HP Pavilion st San Jose

5/25 Los Angeles, CA –  Hollywood Bowl

5/26 Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Arena

5/28 Anaheim, CA –  Honda Center

5/30 Phoenix, AZ – US Airways Center

6/1 Denver, CO – Pepsi  Center

6/4 Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center

6/5 Houston, TX – Toyota  Center

6/7 Tampa, FL – Tampa Bay Times Forum

6/8 Fort Lauderdale, FL –  BB&T Center

6/10 Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena

6/12 Detroit, MI – Joe  Louis Arena

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: